Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Twitter

As I am a new member just recently exposed to Twitter, I have had quite an experience trying to learn the ins and outs of Twitter in the past two weeks. I am still learning new things about it everyday. I don't necessarily like the strict character limit that Twitter places when posting in an "inbox" type message or even on a post. Although it a good way to get information out quickly without "fluff," it is often times difficult to include all information that one is looking to post. Although, the short comments do make for quick reads with the thousands of Tweets posted daily. It becomes overwhelming sometimes too when the same people are posting tons of Tweets, it makes it hard to sift through all the Tweets because there are so many. I did learn a lot about Twitter by being assigned the task to manage a Twitter account and check it daily. I do like how Twitter can pick and choose who to follow based on interests they have. For example I can follow Twilight fans and be updated on the movie that is being released.

I think that Twitter is a good tool to interact with others on different issues and it also allows people to be updated on maybe internships, jobs, new technology, new entertainment, meetings, new clubs etc. Basically it is a way to keep updated on the world around us on endless topics of discussion. I feel like with a few more tweaks made on Twitter it can be a very catchy social media tool especially without so many restrictions and a better organization layout.

No comments: